- Eflite DRACO 2.0m Smart PNP
The Extra Scale DRACO 2.0m is one of the most detailed E-flite® flight models of all time. Packed full of functional scale details, it is the only officially licensed model of Mike Patey's ultimate bushplane, shines with STOL and scale flight characteristics and always looks outrageously good!
In the box
- The only officially-licensed scale replica of the one-of-a-kind DRACO by Mike Patey
- Extra scale details including an abundance of molded-in surface features, steps, antennas, wingtip skids, and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including licensed KING shocks on the main gear and tail wheel, leading-edge slats, slotted flaps, and more
- 17 total LEDs including navigation, landing, down, tail beacon, reversing and other lights with adjustable light controller
Needed to Complete
- (1) E-flite® DRACO ™ 2.0m
- (1) 100A Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Brushless Smart Controller (pre-installed)
- (1) Brushless outrunner (pre-installed)
- (6) Metal gear servos (pre-installed)
- (1) Operating Instructions
- Full-range 6-8 + channel compatible transmitter
- 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh LiPo with EC5 ™ or IC5® connection
- LiPo compatible charger
THE ULTIMATE BUSH COVER
Most would think that the planning and construction of the original DRACO should have taken several years. The entrepreneur Mike Patey - his extraordinary drive and "Back to Work" ™Ethics have inspired thousands of people - done it in just over five months! Mike took a Wilga 2000 as a basis and replaced the Lycoming O-540 piston engine with a Pratt & Whitney PT6A-28 turboprop with about twice the power and half the weight. Many more modifications followed until Mike was finally able to unveil his "ultimate bushplane". The Draco made it anywhere a Carbon Cub could land, but had twice the climbing power, could climb up to 28,000 feet, and fully loaded at a cruising speed of 180mph! The changes compared to the original Wilga were so extensive that the FAA approved Mike's aircraft as an "Experimental Exhibition". The E-flite DRACO 2.0m is just as unique and impressive as its model.® flight models of all time!
- The ultimate bushplane for an incomparable STOL and scale flight experience
- The only officially licensed scale replica of Mike Patey's unique DRACO
- One of the most advanced, detailed and feature-rich E-flite ® models to date
- Extra scale details in abundance such as molded surface details, steps, antennas, arched runners and much, much more
- Functional extra scale features such as licensed KING shock absorbers on the main and tail landing gear, slats, slotted flaps and more
- A total of 17 LEDs including position lights, landing lights, beacons and more with an adjustable controller
- Clear cockpit glazing with a detailed cockpit, pilot figure and illuminated instrument panel
- Powerful and factory-installed 4-6S compatible brushless external rotor with large 4-blade propeller
- Prepared for batteries from 4,000-7,000mAh for a wide range of power and flight times of up to 10-15 + minutes
- 100A Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Smart Controller for telemetry data such as battery voltage, current, engine speed and others on compatible receivers and transmitters in real time
- Optional thrust reverser for special rolling maneuvers on the ground and other possibilities with a compatible 7+ channel transmitter
- Spektrum ™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and market-leading DSMX ® technology (BNF ® Basic version only )
- Easy to fly thanks to innovative and optional SAFE ® Select flight attitude limitation (only BNF ® Basic version)
- Incomparable flight stability thanks to the exclusive AS3X ® technology (only BNF ® Basic version)
- Six factory-installed metal gear servos with concealed ball head linkages
- Access to the large battery compartment via a large and practical upper maintenance flap with magnetic closure
- Spring-loaded and steerable star wheel for improved handling when rolling forwards and backwards.
- Prototypical sprung main landing gear with joint and oversized tundra tires
- Specially developed and durable CFRP main landing gear for STOL take-offs and landings on almost all surfaces
- Split wing with quick release fasteners and V2 "Hands Free" servo connector for easy assembly and disassembly
- Durable EPO cell with a detailed surface, reinforced throughout with CFRP and wood
- Pre-painted and factory-fitted with stickers for a great look and time-saving
- Easy assembly, ready to fly faster than it takes to charge the battery
Inspired by the unbelievable ingenuity and tireless drive that Mike Patey put into building the original, E-flite ® developedthe only officially licensed replica of this ultimate bush plane! The impressive DRACO 2.0m is one of the most modern, detailed and functional RC models ever produced. In addition to the complex design and the high level of prototyping, the light and durable cell scores with a factory-applied finish and a wealth of scale details. This includes a variety of surface details, steps, antennas, stinger runners at the ends of the surface and much more. The clear windshield and windows offer an excellent view of the detailed cockpit with pilot figure and illuminated instrument panel. The functional extra scale features include licensed, true-to-scale KING shock absorbers on the main and rear landing gear, slats, slotted flaps and much more. A controller enables you to control the total of 17 LEDs distributed in the model with various stoboscopes and other light combinations directly from the transmitter. The oversized tundra-style tires on the specially developed CFRP main landing gear literally soak up bumps and offer excellent ground clearance for large propellers. The shock-absorbing and steerable star wheel enables excellent rolling properties, even when reversing with the optional thrust reverser. (Compatible smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing) The oversized tundra-style tires on the specially developed CFRP main landing gear literally soak up bumps and offer excellent ground clearance for large propellers. The shock-absorbing and steerable star wheel enables excellent rolling properties, even when reversing with the optional thrust reverser. (Compatible smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing) The oversized tundra-style tires on the specially developed CFRP main landing gear literally soak up bumps and offer excellent ground clearance for large propellers. The shock-absorbing and steerable star wheel enables excellent rolling properties, even when reversing with the optional thrust reverser. (Compatible smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for reversing)
Factory-installed metal gear servos with concealed ball-head linkages ensure precise control and the powerful brushless external rotor turns a large and prototypical 4-blade propeller. The system is compatible with a wide range of 4,000–7,000 mAh batteries. You can use 4S LiPos for slow and leisurely flights or with a 6S LiPo you can let the kite off the chain and enjoy a better climb performance than the original. The model is equipped with a 100A Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Smart controller and the BNF ®Basic version includes an AR637TA smart receiver. With this combination, you receive important data such as battery voltage, current, motor speed, controller temperature and more in real time on a compatible transmitter equipped with AirWare ™ via full-range telemetry . Despite its impressive size and many details and functions, the DRACO 2.0m is ready to fly faster than it takes to charge the battery. No tools are required for assembly and disassembly at the airfield, as the two-part surface is secured with quick-release fasteners. And best of all: if you have already mastered flying with at least one or two models, then you can fly the DRACO 2.0m successfully without any problems, especially if you can take advantage of the exclusive AS3X ® and optional SAFE® Select technologies of the BNF ® Basic version sets. The Draco 2.0m is a sensational overall package, which combines unsurpassed STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) properties and model loyalty to an unsurpassed flight experience!
With the Plug-N-Play ® (PNP) version, experienced model makers can use their own transmitter, receiver, battery and charger. The Bind-N-Fly ® (BNF) Basic version contains a Spektrum receiver that is equipped with AS3X and the optional SAFE Select technology, so that advanced and experienced modelers only have to provide their own transmitter, battery and charger.
Are you a new pilot looking for your first remote-controlled airplane? If so, we recommend that you start with one of our specially developed trainers such as the HobbyZone ® Carbon Cub S 2 (www.horizonhobby.cc/CarbonCubS2RTF). Based on the Carbon Cub, which is flown by Mike's wife Chandra Patey, it is equipped with the exclusive and innovative SAFE technology. This enables almost everyone to learn to fly successfully! The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version contains everything you need to fly in one box and is the perfect choice for new pilots.
MORE INFORMATION ON MIKE PATEY:
Exclusive technologies (BNF ® Basic only )
The Draco 2.0m is equipped with the exclusive AS3X ® and SAFE ® Select technologies. Behind the scenes, AS3X ensures that the influence of wind and turbulence is balanced out. The result is a stability and precision that gives you the feeling that you are piloting a larger and perfectly coordinated flight model. The optionally switchable SAFE Select also offers you flight attitude limitation and automatic balancing and can be activated or deactivated at the push of a button. If you do not want to use the Safe Select features, then it is sufficient to bind the receiver in the conventional way and only the AS3X remains active.
The exclusive Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Smart Controller gives you the ability to access information such as battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA included in the BNF ® Basic version) with Spektrum ™ AirWare ™equipped to receive transmitters (such as the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2 / G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) in real time during the flight. When using Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries, you even get individual cell voltages, the battery pack temperature and other data displayed. A plus is the optional thrust reverser for better maneuverability on the ground and other possibilities (compatible smart receiver and 7+ channel transmitter required for thrust reversal).
Functional scale features
Licensed, true-to-scale KING shock absorbers on the main and rear landing gear, slats, slotted flaps and more are functional extra scale features that will take your enthusiasm for this model to a new level.
A total of 17 LEDs are built into the model and simulate, among other things, navigation, landing and beacon lighting as well as lights pointing downwards and backwards. They are controlled by a special controller and you can use the transmitter to select which lights you want to switch on or off and choose between various functions such as continuous light, strobe or more.
As with the original DRACO, the articulated and damped main landing gear with oversized tundra-style tires is designed to simply soak up bumps on rough slopes and provide excellent ground clearance for the propeller. It was specially developed from CFRP for this model to enable short take-offs and landings on a large number of runways. The also damped and steerable spur wheel offers excellent maneuverability on the ground, regardless of whether it is forwards or, when using the optional thrust reverser, to roll backwards.
The construction of molded EPO material makes it possible to perfectly replicate the complex details and shapes of the DRACO in a lightweight yet durable cell. The result is an excellent scale appearance that is easy to maintain and gives you the best possible flight experience. The factory-installed metal gear servos with concealed ball head linkages provide precise and crisp control.
The two-part wing is secured with unique, quarter-turn quick-release fasteners so that no tools are required for assembly or disassembly at the airfield. Together with the "Hands-Free V2" servo connector, storage and transport are as easy and convenient as possible. But the best thing about the model is that you can get it ready to fly right out of the box faster than it takes the battery to run out load!
The Draco 2.m has already been painted at the factory and all stickers have been applied. This saves time and turns the model into a replica that you will be happy to show at the airfield.