Eflite Twin Timber 1.6m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select EFL23850
is on back order
Share this product
- Eflite Twin Timber 1.6m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select EFL23850
The E-flite ® Twin Timber 1.6m offers the same easy handling and STOL characteristics that Timber models are known for - along with additional advantages such as higher performance and unique capabilities due to its twin engine setup - to make it a to make the most powerful, durable and stable Timber yet! The specially tuned motors are compatible with popular 2200-5000mAh 3S and 4S batteries and are matched to an exclusive "dual" Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Smart ESC. The BNF Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide real-time -Provide telemetry data – AND differential and counter-thrust for unique aerobatic maneuvers and more – together with AS3X ® - and SAFE® Select technology. The airframe features a modern color scheme, functional landing flaps, and LED landing, navigation, and ACL lighting. Optional slats are also included, and optional floats (sold separately) can be used to fly off the water.
- Not just another Timber; It is the best performing, most durable, most stable and most unique Timber yet
- A great first twin engine everyday and STOL capable model for a wide range of pilots
- Incredible short takeoff and landing (STOL) as well as sport and aerobatic characteristics
- Spektrum ™ 40A Avian ™ Dual Smart ESC transmits real-time battery voltage, temperature, and other data to compatible receivers and transmitters
- Differential thrust and reverse thrust for special ground handling and even more aerobatic manoeuvres
- Powerful 3S and 4S compatible outrunner motors with 3-blade counter-rotating propellers
- Convenient top lid and a large battery compartment for 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX ® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional SAFE ® Select attitude protection
- The unmatched stability and secure feel of exclusive AS3X ® technology
- Two-piece wing with fiber-reinforced joints and a special clip in the fuselage that holds the connector when the wing is disassembled
- Grouped servo connectors make wing attachment/detachment easier for more convenient storage and portability
- Oversized control surfaces with center-mounted rudders and landing flaps provide additional control functions and increased aerobatic characteristics
- Functional landing flaps that can move in either direction for optional use as a full-span aileron
- Optional useable slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Extremely durable, shock-absorbing chassis and oversized wheels/tires
- Working and factory installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed, metal-geared servos and linkages
- Optional floats with water rudders for flying out of the water (sold separately)
- Quick and easy assembly - no glue required
The E-flite ®Twin Timber 1.6m isn't "just another Timber with a second engine" - it's the most capable, stable and unique Timber yet! All the popular features of other Timber models are still there: shock-absorbing chassis with oversized tundra-style wheels optional slats functional landing flaps and an LED system with landing, navigation and ACL lighting.The Twin Timber 1.6m also features a large top fuselage cover for faster and easier battery changes.It is also one of the most stable Gear fitted ever used on a Timber model to improve durability and STOL capability when flying out of rough terrain!The efficient twin brushless motors are 3S and 4S compatible and set to an exclusive 40A spectrum™ Avian ™ Dual Smart ESC capable of providing a variety of real-time telemetry of the propulsion system with smart and non-smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF ® Basic version; in combination with Spektrum AirWare ™ equipped transmitters). The BNF ® Basic version comes equipped with an AR637TA receiver to transmit full-range real-time telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temperature and more - plus differential thrust and counter-thrust for special ground handling and other features - along with the benefits of AS3X ® and the optionally usable SAFE ®Select. The larger two-piece wing contributes to stability, and oversized control surfaces with bi-directional flaps provide control and flight characteristics like the Timber X models (including optional full-span ailerons). Combo wing servo connectors simplify installation, and a specially designed clip in the fuselage holds the wing connector so you don't lose it when the wing is removed from the fuselage. Best of all, the wing mounted motors make it almost impossible to damage a propeller or motor and their mounts should you ever flip the Twin Timber! They also offer good ground clearance when flying with the same optional floats found on the Timber X 1, 2 m and Timber 1.5 m can be used. And it all adds up to make this Timber a great first twin engine Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) or everyday model and even an aggressive aerobatic model for a variety of pilots!
Already own a Spektrum ™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft allow you to get airborne faster than ever before. They come with the drive system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed. All you have to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, complete the final assembly and fly!
The Twin Timber 1.6m is equipped with the exclusive spectrum ™ AS3X ® and SAFE ® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger aircraft. The optional SAFE Select offers bank limits as well as automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off with the push of a button to make flying easier! And if you don't want to activate the SAFE Select function, bind the receiver normally and only AS3X is active.
Both the PNP and BNF Basic versions come equipped with an exclusive Spektrum ™ Avian ™ Dual Smart ESC that provides a variety of real-time powertrain telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temperature, and more—smart and not Smart Batteries - via compatible receivers and transmitters (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF ® Basic version; in combination with Spektrum AirWare ™ equipped transmitters including DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14 , iX20 and others). In addition, differential and counter-thrust provide improved ground handling for easier taxiing, takeoffs and landings, as well as the ability to perform special aerobatic maneuvers.
Versatile chassis options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails - even local lakes and ponds - you can fly off these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to navigate. The most powerful yet installed on a Timber model, the shock-absorbing undercarriage is fitted with oversized Tundra-style wheels to iron out the bumps of rough surfaces. The optional float kit (EFL5261; sold separately) features two water rudders for excellent steering control. Whichever landing gear option you choose, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
STOL capable (Short Takeoff and Landing)
The wing design with increased span and more wing area than the Timber X 1.2 m and the Turbo Timber 1.5 m also has pulled-down edge arches and can optionally be equipped with the supplied slats for improved slow flight and STOL characteristics. These features, along with the lightweight construction, oversized landing flaps and powerful brushless power system, allow you to be in the air or hovering to land in just a few feet.
Flexible twin power
The factory-installed dual-motor brushless power system features a 40A Spectrum ™ Avian ™ Dual Smart ESC and specially tuned motors that offer ample boost with a 3S LiPo battery, or with a 4S battery with no necessary modifications or upgrades for more flight speed and unlimited vertical climb performance. Also, the wing-mounted motors make it almost impossible to snap off the contra-rotating propellers or damage the motors and mounts in a rollover.
Composite-reinforced hollow-core EPO material construction provides a lightweight yet durable airframe. And the factory-installed metal gear servos are precise, durable, and reliable.
Like most other Timber models, the Twin Timber 1.6m features realistic looking LED landing, navigation and ACL lights factory installed and powered by the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled are positively bolted together, the Twin Timber can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-part wing with grouped servo connections makes it easier to remove and install the wing. Also, a specially designed clip in the fuselage holds the wing connector so you don't lose it when the wing separates!
skill level level 2 Trim Scheme Colors Blue White wingspan 63.58" (1615mm) Approximate assembly time Less than 1 hour flaps yes material EPO power type Electric servos Included engine type brushless speed control Included batteries Sold Separately Minimum Required Radio Full-range 6-8+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter connector type IC3 engine size 3536-750KV Product Length 42.99" (1092mm) radio Sold Separately Technology Smart, AS3X and SAFE LiPo compatibility 3S, 4S completion level Bind-N-Fly Basic propeller size 10 x 7 x 3, 3-blade propellers (CW, CCW) Recommended Motor Battery 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–5000mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector Charger Sold Separately receivers Included product weight 91.3oz (2588g) with 4S 3200mAh Battery