EFL01850 Eflite RV7 1.1m BNF Basic with SAFE Select and AS3X
is on back order
Share this product
- EFL01850 Eflite RV-7 1.1m BNF Basic with SAFE Select and AS3X
Founded in 1972 by Richard VanGrunsven in his small-town Oregon home, Van's Aircraft is now world-renowned for their popular homebuilt aircraft designs. More than 10,000 RV aircraft have been built and flown in at least 45 countries. One of Van's most popular designs is the RV-7, which features a side-by-side seating configuration and is known for its superior handling plus excellent cross-country and aerobatic capabilities. The officially licensed E-flite® RV-7 1.1m is a scale replica perfect for RC pilots interested in a conveniently sized, well-equipped, and easy-to-fly version of the full-size icon. It offers a wide range of performance – from slow and scale-like to sport flying, plus high speed and high energy aerobatic capabilities too! The 3S and 4S compatible power system features an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC, and the BNF® Basic version includes an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data to compatible transmitters along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies — making the RV-7 1.1m an excellent choice for low-time and long-time experienced pilots alike!
- Officially licensed replica of one of the most popular and iconic "homebuilt" general aviation aircraft available in the world today
- Specifically designed and equipped to offer scale-like and sport flying, high speed and high energy aerobatic capabilities
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular and affordable 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to take off, fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Taildragger configuration landing gear for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed handling
- 5-channel control with six (6) factory-installed digital servos and linkages
- Factory-painted and finished in a modern and scale-like trim scheme
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy bolt-together assembly – no glue required
- Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights
- Easy to install/remove one-piece wing
SMART, CAPABLE AND CONVENIENT
Officially licensed by Van's Aircraft, the E-flite® RV-7 1.1m offers low-time to experienced RC pilots a conveniently-sized, well-equipped, and easy-to-fly scale model of the iconic general aviation aircraft. It's capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying, plus high energy aerobatics — and with the optional-use SAFE® Select technology in the BNF® Basic version, the RV-7 1.1m also makes a great "next step" as a first low-wing or scale model for pilots who have successfully mastered learning to fly with a trainer. The factory-installed brushless power system features a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance when using a 4S pack. With 2200–3200mAh Smart and non-Smart batteries, the exclusive 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (such as the AR631 included with the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced and fully-molded EPO airframe offers an abundance of scale detail including steps, an instrument panel, pilot figure, and more. It's factory-finished with a trim scheme inspired by modern RV aircraft and includes functional features such as LED landing and navigation lights plus operational flaps. The model is conveniently sized for flying at large parks, sports fields, or traditional RC flying fields and so it can be stored and transported without disassembly. Or you can remove the one-piece wing equipped with a convenient Hands-Free Servo Connection System for even easier storage and transport. No glue is required for final assembly and the RV-7 1.1m can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Are you new to flying RC (Radio Controlled) aircraft? If you are, we recommend learning to fly with one of our purpose-built trainer aircraft such as the HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2. Based on the Carbon Cub by CubCrafters, an upgraded and thoroughly modern iteration of the classic Super Cub, it's equipped with exclusive and innovative SAFE® technology that makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully! The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box and is a perfect choice if you're a new RC pilot. You can even use the DXS transmitter and 3S Smart battery included with the Carbon Cub S 2 RTF to fly the RV-7 1.1m BNF® Basic version after you learn to fly RC!
The BNF® Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The RV-7 1.1m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
This scale replica is officially licensed by Van's Aircraft and features a factory-applied trim scheme inspired by many modern RV aircraft.
Abundant Scale Detail
The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced and fully-molded EPO airframe is equipped with an abundance of scale detail including steps, an instrument panel, pilot figure and more.
Functional Scale Features
Factory-installed LED landing and navigation lights, plus operational flaps, are functional scale features that take your experience to another level.
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the RV-7 1.1m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And although it's conveniently sized to fit fully assembled in just about any vehicle, you can also remove the one-piece wing equipped with a convenient Hands-Free Servo Connection System for even easier storage and transport.Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour Battery Sold Separately Charger Sold Separately Completion Level Bind-N-Fly Basic Connector Type IC3