- Eflite Apprentice STS 1.5m ARTF Smart Trainer Basic ( No battery & Charger ) EFL370001
- BATTERY AND CHARGER REQUIRED
The E-flite ® Apprentice ® STS 1.5m is based on one of the best platforms ever designed for learning model flying - the legendary Apprentice S 15e. Thanks to the size of the model, the wind resistance, the stable construction and the exclusive SAFE ® technology (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) it became easy to fly successfully - especially with the help of a flight instructor in the model flying club. The Apprentice STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE) 1.5m is a modern evolution of the world's favorite club trainer, offering the same great features plus Smart compatibility. There is also the option of using SAFE Plus ®Add GPS-enabled technology and the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS), making learning to fly a model easier and more successful than ever!
- Based on one of the best platforms ever developed for learning model flying - the Apprentice S 15e
- Perfect for first-time pilots with model aircraft, and for experienced pilots wanting to teach others to fly, and for club training programs
- Official trainer of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and many clubs worldwide
- The ideal choice for new pilots training to fly with a flight instructor at a model aerodrome
- Horizon Hobby 's exclusive SAFE ® technology makes learning to fly easier
- Easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology and add AutoLand, Virtual Fence, and Holding Pattern capabilities
- Optional and easy to set up Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) for smoother landings
- Includes everything you need to fly except a compatible battery and charger
- Spektrum DXe transmitters with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology
- Use a 3200mAh 3S 11.1V battery for best performance, or a 4000mAh 3S for longer flight times of 20-30min
- Powerful and efficient brushless drive system including a telemetry-capable 30A ESC
- Factory installed servos, spectrum flight controller and serial receiver
- 4-channel control with four servos for training flights and full aerobatic capability
- Wide tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Quick and easy assembly - no glue or special tools required
- Rugged EPO construction that is strong yet lightweight
- Complete range of spare parts
- Optional floats available for flying on water (sold separately)
- Practice flying this plane in the RealFlight ® simulator (sold separately)
- Eflite Apprentice STS 1.5m ARTF Smart Trainer with SAFE
- With the Apprentice ® STS 1.5m, E-flite ® has made one of the world's most popular club trainers SMARTER. Based on one of the best platforms ever developed for learning to fly model airplanes, the large wingspan of 1.5 meters offers good visibility and good wind resistance and thus optimal conditions for successfully entering the hobby in a model flying club. The inherently stable-flying design and SAFE ® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology with beginner, intermediate and expert flight modes make it easy to fly successfully, especially with the help of a flight instructor. And the best thing is that the Apprentice ®STS 1.5m now offers the option to upgrade to GPS-enabled SAFE Plus technology. This provides features such as AutoLand and Virtual Fence, as well as the option to install the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS), which automatically "floats" for a softer touchdown on landings, making learning to fly and landing safely as easy as never before!Tricycle landing gear allows for takeoff and landing on a variety of surfaces including grass and dirt tracks, paved runways and other suitable surfaces, or you can install the optional floats to fly from the water.The model also comes with a telemetry-enabled 30 amp regulator that receives a variety of real-time powertrain telemetry data, including engine RPM,™ AirWare ™ equipped transmitter supplies. The DXS transmitter included with the RTF Basic version even displays the approximate remaining flight battery power via multiple LEDs. The Apprentice STS 1.5m is the smartest and best club trainer ever, and perfect for the novice or experienced pilot wanting to teach others to fly. The model is also the best choice for new pilots looking for a trainer model that makes flying larger models easier!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version contains everything you need to fly, except for the battery and charger. This allows you to use a convenient and money-saving Spektrum ™ Powerstage bundle, or use a separate matching battery with a compatible charger. Additionally, the included Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter can be used with other Bind-N-Fly ®(BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft can be used after you have successfully learned to fly! A BNF Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite spectrum transmitter along with their existing battery and charger. Both versions feature the powerful and efficient brushless power system (including a telemetry-capable ESC), a flight controller, and receiver and servos factory installed in the durable EPO airframe, which assembles quickly and easily with no glue or special tools.
And the fun doesn't stop once you learn to fly! In expert mode, the Apprentice STS 1.5m is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted flight and more. You can even use the DXS transmitter included with the RTF Basic version, along with the same battery and charger you use on the Apprentice, to fly a variety of BNF Basic aircraft. These include the E-flite ® T-28 Trojan 1.2m and the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m.
You can also purchase the RealFlight ® Trainer Edition flight simulator and a Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle (both sold separately) to fly this and other models with the transmitter included with the RTF Basic version! The simulator features most popular Horizon Hobby ® trainer models and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps aspiring pilots learn to fly successfully by training on a home PC or laptop!
Ready-to-fly basic flexibility
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes a Spektrum ™ DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX ® 2.4GHz technology and everything you need to fly but one rechargeable lithium polymer battery and charger. Convenient and cost-saving, the Spektrum ™ Powerstage 3 Bundle (SPMXPSA300) includes a compatible 3S 4000mAh Smart G2 LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart Charger that works with a variety of USB power sources. Or you can choose a separate 3S or 4S 3200-4000mAh battery and the compatible charger you prefer!
The Apprentice STS 1.5m is equipped with a telemetry-enabled ESC that provides a variety of real-time drive system telemetry data to compatible transmitters. It also transmits the approximate remaining flight battery power to the DXS transmitter included in the RTF-Basic version and displays this via multiple LEDs and audible warnings. It also transmits engine RPM, current, total battery voltage and more to Spektrum AirWare ™ equipped transmitters (including DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20, and others).
Constructed from tough EPO foam, it delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to take the rigors of everyday flying without getting out of shape. The wing attaches to the fuselage with rubber bands to be able to twist or detach in the event of a hard landing or crash to minimize damage. But if something goes wrong and parts of the cell or other components can no longer be repaired, then a wide range of spare parts is available.
The Apprentice STS 1.5m comes largely factory assembled with the power system, flight controller, receiver and servos installed. All you have to do is perform a quick and easy final assembly without the use of glue or special tools and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge your batteries!
Wide tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel provides improved ground handling for easier takeoffs and landings on a variety of surfaces from paved runways to grass to dirt tracks.
Transform the Apprentice STS 1.5m into a seaplane with the optional float kit (EFLA550; sold separately). Installation takes just a few minutes and all the necessary hardware components are included with the aircraft and float kit.
Optional Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) for smoother landings
The all-new Spektrum Landing Assist Sensor is easy to install and offers an automatic "flare" feature to help inexperienced pilots make landings softer by minimizing or completely eliminating hard bottoms.
Easy upgrade to SAFE ® Plus GPS-enabled technology
Quick and easy installation of the optional Spektrum GPS Module (SPMA3173; sold separately) lets you take advantage of advanced GPS support that makes learning to fly even easier. With SAFE Plus you get:
The advanced AutoLand feature is activated with a simple press of a button and enables the aircraft to land on its own near the GPS initialization point. You can even give directions to avoid obstacles or intervene on approach to correct direction while the system does the rest and performs a safe landing. As your skill increases and you gain more confidence, you can take more control and eventually learn to land without the auto assist.
This very helpful exclusive SAFE Plus feature essentially allows you to "pause" the flight by putting the plane into a GPS assisted holding pattern. When activated with a short press, the aircraft will automatically return to a position over the GPS initialization point and circle until the command is canceled with another short press. This is a great way to safely pass the remote control to a friend, or to re-establish visual contact if you lose sight of the model.
It's easy to accidentally fly an RC plane too far away, but with Virtual Fence you don't need to worry anymore. It creates an invisible boundary that the plane cannot fly past. When the aircraft reaches this limit, it will automatically turn around and fly back to the GPS initialization point. It then "waggles" its wings to let you know you're back in control.
power type Electric servos Included skill level level 1 wingspan 59.02" (1499mm) product weight 59oz (1672g)
Recently Viewed Items