PowerBox PBS-TAV 6626
- Precise measurement of speed, altitude, rate of climb and distance
- Two separate, highly accurate pressure sensors based on the latest MEMS sensor technology
- Vario with and without Total Energy Compensation
- Highly accurate vario function: 0.1m/s
- Altitude measurement accurate to 10cm
- Electronic TEC adjustment from the transmitter
- High-speed digital filter for zero-delay data collection without noise
- Quality aluminium case containing two separate pressure chambers
- Metal hose connections matching 3mm Festo hoses
- Automatic detection of the radio control system
- Supported telemetry systems: PowerBox P²BUS, Jeti-EX, Futaba S.BUS2, Spektrum SRXL2, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT
- Compact Pitot tube
Operating voltage 4.0V - 9.0V Current drain Power-on state max. 30 mA Supported RC systems PowerBox, Jeti, Futaba, Multiplex, Spektrum, Graup Supported telemetry systems P²-BUS, FastTrack, Jeti-EX, S.BUS2, M-Link, SRXL2, Dimensions 30 x 17 x 9 mm Weight 14 g Temperature range -30°C to +85°C
The PBS-TAV complements the range of PowerBox sensors with a high-quality speed sensor. TAV stands for True Airspeed Vario, and, as the name implies, the PBS-TAV sensor is able to measure the model's flying speed, altitude and rate of climb. Since the speed and height information are presented with unprecedented precision, the climb rate can be calculated from the data with total energy compensation. This means that the vario only indicates "genuine" thermal activity, and any rise and fall due to control commands is excluded from the calculations.
The PBS-TAV sensor consists of two pressure chambers with O-ring seals, each containing one of the two super-accurate MEMS pressure sensors, operating independently of each other. The case consists of two robust machined aluminium parts with steel hose nipples.
The Total Energy Compensation feature includes a factor which allows the compensation to be fine-tuned from the transmitter. Once the factor has been determined in test-flights, the value can be programmed permanently in the sensor.
The Pitot tube included in the set is of very compact design, and can be installed in the fuselage or wing either permanently, or - using the optional Pitot slide - in a retractable form.
The sensor can be connected to various telemetry systems; the system is automatically detected, making the PBS-TAV Plug'n'Play.